Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Whisper Words of Wisdom

I've been lucky enough to work at two places that value spirituality and celebrate it within an educational setting.

Today's chapel theme was all about Love. Led by the choir director, we sang the song Let It Be, which I interpret to be about love and acceptance. After singing, the chaplain encouraged us to think about all the people we love. She encouraged us to think about why we love those people -- maybe it's because they are safe, they are our family, our close friends, we can be goofy with them, we can tease each other, because we can completely be ourselves around them, they accept us for who we are. I thought about my family and friends, but the person who stood out the most today was Rob. For all the reasons listed above. We often comment that we are strange -- and give ourselves a ranking on a scale of 1-10, most of the time we're well over 20. I know I can entirely be myself around him and he'll love me completely.

One of today's readings was 1 Corinthians: Love is patient, love is kind, which was one of the readings at our wedding. We watched a video about how love has no labels, no gender, no age limit, no race, no religion. It was a really moving video, set to the song "Same Love." The message is beautiful and I was tearful by the end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnDgZuGIhHs

After work, I went to yoga. The class itself was fine, maybe not my favorite of the 3 I've gone to so far, but I got a decent workout. As we settled into one of my favorite poses, savasana or final resting pose, Let It Be was playing.

Complete.

Love.

Jill

No comments: