Sunday, March 08, 2015

Had a Good Run

Spring break is officially over -- I go back to school/work for a "professional development day" tomorrow. Students don't return to class until Tuesday, so they ease the rest of us back into the routine by having a day of meetings and interesting sessions, including topics such as knitting, ice fishing, zumba, sign language, etc. I'm signed up for the knitting and sign language sessions -- should be fun.

The one thing I had planned to do over break and hadn't gotten around to was yoga. I mentioned to Rob last month that I was hoping to attend more classes and he made it very easy for me by giving me a gift card to Green Lotus for Valentine's Day. As of Friday morning, I had not made it to a class. Until Rob bullied me into doing more than just checking the schedule. :) I took his teasing to heart, looked at the schedule again, found my yoga mat, changed into yoga clothes and headed to a more peaceful place. Best decision of the week! As a result of getting myself to one class, I tried another one this morning. My goal is to attend at least one class per week, not only for physical fitness, but also to improve my life outlook.


After yoga on Friday, I met cousin Sara for lunch at the Good Earth. We rarely get together outside of family functions so it was good to have some time to catch up with her. Friday night, Rob and I went to the Tavern for dinner, Dad and Monica met us for drinks. My rescheduled lunch with Sheila was supposed to happen on Saturday, but we had to cancel again -- this time because Sheila had the flu. Clearly, we were not meant to get together this week. Instead, I spent the day reading, running and cleaning the house. Last night we had dinner at the Chart House with Cam and Saundra who we had also rescheduled with two different times!

Daylight Savings begins today so we lost an hour last night, but will gain more sunlight day by day. Our temps were much higher today -- a 50+ degree difference from just 3 days ago!


I went to yoga again this morning. I love the way vinyasa yoga eases you into the difficult poses. You start off in easy positions and before you know it you're sweating from intense physical activity. There's enough moving around that I don't get bored or overwhelmed. About the time I get to that breaking point, the instructor has us lower ourselves down to the mat. I love that moment. And shavasana, one of the most important poses of the practice (according to wiki).

Overall, I have very much enjoyed spring break 2015. I enjoyed the variety of each week and  productivity of each day, the sunny warm weather in Florida, new experiences in California, organization at home and social interactions with friends and family. And yoga.

Shanti,
Jill

No comments: