Kate organized a girls night out which coincided with a painting party at Firehouse Grill. Not only did I want to be social with these girls, I had never experienced a wine and canvas party before. Once I let go of the feeling that the colors and shading had to be perfect, it was an enjoyable experience. I have to say, the paintings turned out much better than I anticipated!
Every morning, our neighbor drives her son to the bus stop in her light blue CRV. Many days I pass them on my way out of the neighborhood as they wait patiently for the bus to arrive. Yesterday, as I got to the top of our street, I saw that the bus was waiting with its flashers on. The blue CRV wasn't there yet. As I got closer to the bus, I realized that I have the same CRV (only a darker color) and the bus driver might think I was the neighbor. When I drove past the bus, I waved and hoped the driver would notice that I'm someone different. I'm pretty sure they did not have that realization because as soon as I turned the corner without dropping off a child, the bus pulled away from the bus stop. Oh no -- I hope I didn't make the neighbor kid miss his bus!
To wrap up the week, we celebrated Steve's birthday at Morgan's on Nicollet. The food was excellent and it was great to spend time with everyone.
Tonight we have the Wild Game Feed at Curt's -- we're bringing venison sausage, cheese and crackers; nothing too unusual like the first year when we brought moose meat kabobs. That same year, I was a little more adventuresome with what game I tried: elk, walleye, pheasant, etc. Since then, I've stuck to the more main stream options. :)
Happy Pi Day!
Jill




No comments:
Post a Comment