Thursday, March 05, 2015

Socially Productive

My 2nd week of break has shaped up pretty well. Sheila and I postponed our Tuesday lunch date to today due to snow and really slippery roads. Unfortunately, B got really sick in the middle of the night and it continued into the morning so we had to postpone our date again. We were both bummed. But hopefully we'll see each other Saturday. I didn't leave the house on Tuesday -- ran on the treadmill, organized a couple junk drawers (including a couple of boxes from the townhome that I never went through!), and binge watched Orange is the New Black. We tried another new recipe for dinner -- caramel apple pork chops. They were tasty!

Yesterday I had lunch with Mom before we saw the movie Still Alice. The woman at the ticket counter warned us to bring our kleenex and it's a good thing we did. It's a fictional story about a woman who has early onset Alzheimer's Disease. The movie was very well done, although I still liked the book better. Earlier in the day, I had started my big project of the week: organizing our bathroom cupboard/closet. I ran out of organizational bins so stopped by Target on my way home and finished the project last night.
                                     

Kelly and I got together for coffee today -- it had been awhile since I'd seen her and it was great to get caught up! I came home and made my favorite salad (I ate this salad everyday for lunch for 2 years).



Tomorrow: lunch with cousin Sara.

Today is the last frigidly cold day we're going to have this winter. I hope.

Cautiously optimistic,
Jill

No comments: