Yesterday I baked banana bread, had a good run on our treadmill (after the terrible 3 miles I ran at the hotel in California, I was worried that my 2+ weeks of being sick and not running was going to be difficult to recover from... thankfully, it seems ok ... I just have to go a little slower than my regular pace), and visited Grandma K. with Andy.
While at Grandma's, we went through some old photo albums and found these gems:
![]() |
| Halloween 1978 |
![]() |
| January 1979 |
![]() |
| Sugardale on West End |
![]() |
| Sugardale on East End |
In typical Grandma fashion, as Andy and I were trying to leave, she wanted to show us a book of songs they sang as kids. I gave her a kiss on the cheek to say goodbye and she started singing. Andy and I exchanged a look and knew she was trying to get us to stay longer. Oh Grandma.
We picked up Alix at Mom's and headed home.
When Rob and I were in Door County we bought a few different kinds of oil and vinegar for salads and marinades. Last night we tried the Maple Salmon recipe for the first time. Rob's not a huge fan of salmon, but I thought it tasted pretty good! While I might not rush out to buy more fish, I was proud of us for trying something new.
I'm supposed to have lunch with Sheila today, but it's snowing pretty good out there so we might have to postpone our date.
The banana bread is calling my name,
Jill





No comments:
Post a Comment