Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Top o' the Morning

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

I had to dig a little to find any green in my wardrobe, but not to worry - I had success, right down to my shamrock socks that no one could see.

Rob and I are each a little Irish - he's 1/8, I'm 3/8. Apparently not enough to go in search of some corned beef and hash for dinner. If I had really wanted, I could have enjoyed that meal at lunch as it was the main menu item for the day. I passed and had some green salad instead. I did buy some green food coloring after work, so we each enjoyed a glass of green beer with our dinner.

The rest of the weekend was great. Curt's annual wild game feed was a little less busy than normal because there was a hot air balloon race somewhere (no idea where); most of his ballooning friends were unable to make it to the party. I chose safe food items: walleye, venison, salmon and beef brisket. Each of which was delicious -- I even went back for more walleye and brisket!

Sunday we headed to Waconia to support Brooke at her gymnastics meet. She's quite impressive! It was fun to see her so confident and in her element.


And now we're into another week. I've procrastinated writing recommendation letters for Leslie and Lesley and finally spent several hours working on each over the past several days. I'll be happy when those are done.

Image result for kiss me i'm irish
Jill

No comments: