What a great trip! The two weeks were filled with so many wonderful people and places, it wasn't as painfully long as I thought it might be. Having had such a great week in Colorado, I was sad to say goodbye when I packed up my "home away from home" this morning. At the same time, I'm looking forward to having a more regular routine for a couple weeks, until I go north to Alaska at the end of the month.
Last night turned out to be such a great night! Jess and I met up with Brian Watters, Lisa Suomi, Jess' friend Zack and Brian's friend Meg (also known as Bernice) for supergood mexican food at the Morrison Inn, which is located in a semi-mountain town just west of Golden, CO. We had lots of laughs (are you surprised when Brian's involved?), drank margaritas and made fun of each other.
Brian, Lisa and Meg had gone hiking earlier in the day so tired out earlier than the rest of us so after they left, Jess, Zack and I went to a local Morrison bar and played darts and pool.
We quickly learned that I am much better at darts than pool...I won at Cricket, but lost at Cut Throat. After playing for awhile, we left Morrison and headed for Zack's condo to play more games with a few of his friends. We had such a fun time! It was so good to spend time with Jess! She's always up for hanging out with groups and meeting new people... and her friends were welcoming of new folks as well.
The flight home was uneventful today, only thing of interest is that I slept the whole flight. But I'm still tired and plan on turning in early tonight.
Back to work tomorrow. I'm behind on Grey's Anatomy and hopefully I'll be able to watch the old episodes online before this week's show!
Glad to be home,
Jill
1 comment:
aww i miss you and jess so much. i remember her friend zack too. nice guy. i'm so proud of you--going out with to the dueling pianos thing and being all social and stuff. =)
PS read a GREAT book recently called stupid and contagious. have you read it? great dialogue and characters. very witty. let me know what you think...
Post a Comment