Guess what I did this week.... carved a pumpkin! My secret buddy gave me a pumpkin and pumpkin carving kit, including some patterns, knives and scooper. Peter, one of our new admissions counselors, mentioned that he'd never carved a pumpkin before so he came over the other night and we carved away.
Our pumpkins are so great!! The pumpkin on the left is mine, on the right is Peter's. That's definitely the best pumpkin I've ever carved. Of course I could never carve that free-hand, I'm not ashamed to admit that I traced a pattern.Whew... thank goodness this week is finally over. Not that it was a bad week, just an exhausting one. Fall Visit Days were Thursday and Friday, we had over 550 students visit over the two days. Of course, the days are energizing, people are happy to be there, students fall in love with the campus, etc... they're just especially long since we get there at 7am and usually don't leave before 5pm, we're on our feet and do our best to be "on" the whole time. It's all worth it, though, when a great student tells you they love the campus and are planning to apply Early Decision! One of my first year students (a homeschool girl from Georgia) gave me a yellow rose (Friday Flowers)! So sweet.
Maybe what's making me more tired is thinking ahead to the upcoming two weeks. Tomorrow is Annie Mleziva's wedding, which starts at 2pm. I have errands to run in the morning (I feel a little like Sheels with her weekly errands) and then the wedding in the afternoon/evening. Sunday Anita and I are getting together for coffee at Caribou and Andy and I are going shopping for Jill and BJ's wedding gift.
Next week won't be too bad, busy but good activities including the Mpls National Fair and Jenny's birthday party. Friday is Jill and BJ's wedding rehearsal and dinner and the wedding Saturday. I will get to Jane and Jeff's wedding, which is the same day. The next day (next Sunday) I fly out to Anchorage for the week.
Are you tired yet? You're probably bored reading about my upcoming weeks, but it helps me to list everything out.
I realize I never gave an update on the movie producer. Instead of going up to Boulder to meet with the guy from Shark Productions, I spent the rest of my time in Colorado going to urgent care, a bookstore for interviews and out with counselor friends. Sorry to disappoint, but I figured that nothing would ever come of my acting career so rather than meet with some strange man I spent time hanging out in Denver.
So... no acting for me.
jill
No comments:
Post a Comment