Here we are at the Mpls National Fair earlier this week. What a good looking group of counselors! It's quite an exhausting day- left home at 6:45am and didn't return until 9:30pm. At least we had a small break in the middle of the day, during which time I visited Sheila, shopped at Target and sipped on a chai tea latte with Jenny and Dave at Starbucks.I'm almost through this busy week, but as I realized when talking with Mom- it's sad that there are so many things going on right now, I just 'get through' each day/event so I can move on to the next event. I do appreciate each activity while I'm in it, but sort of dread each one at the same time. Work isn't all that bad, this fall it's my social life that's kickin' my butt. Actually, it's the combination of work and social life that makes it tough- neither one is bad on its own.
Today we had our 5th visit day of the month. I'm exhausted and I wasn't even on campus for the first 2! Our carpool was kind of humorous this morning. I left my house at 6:10am to pick the others up at their houses and arrive at work by 7am. No one said a word the whole way to Northfield. Four of us, silent in the car. It was way too early and we're all getting burned out.
The kicker of the day- I received an invitation in the mail yesterday, waited until this morning to open it.... so at 6am I learned that my step-sister's bridal shower is the one day in November that I have something planned with my girlfriends. Out of frustration, feeling overwhelmed and being tired, tears came to my eyes. In an effort to spend more time together, my girlfriends and I have committed to getting together at minimum once a month. We set this date late August, early September ... Sheila picked the date for her Fall Harvest Bake Off and of course there's a conflict. Such a bummer. Maybe they'll be willing to get together in the afternoon instead of morning...? Pretty please, ladies? I really don't want to miss the Bake Off (even though I haven't figured out what I'm making).
Tomorrow is Jill's wedding. Should probably get to bed soon, but Jenny's on her way over. Since she was at Jane and Jeff's rehearsal dinner tonight and going to the wedding tomorrow (both in St. Paul) she didn't want to drive all the way to Nfld. So I'll have an overnight guest. Fun that we'll both be getting ready for weddings in the morning. :)
Good night,
Jilli
No comments:
Post a Comment