Annie and Jorge's wedding was beautiful! The priest was 82 years old, he's a family friend of Annie's so the church wasn't his home church and he was incredibly forgetful. He forgot to do his part of the Lord's prayer, he interrupted Annie during her vowes and he presented them as a couple long before he was supposed to. Even with all that, it was a lovely service and definitely a memorable one.
The reception was held at a country club in Mendota Heights- country clubs are always beautiful, but this one was particularly gorgeous. The reception room was a perfect size with three walls of windows overlooking the golf course. And it was warm, which was important to me since I wasn't wearing nylons with my dress. Sara looked ravishing and her toast to Annie and Jorge was creative and pretty much perfect. She remembered back to when they were little girls playing with Barbies dreaming about their future lives. In the end, she said those little girls would be proud of the lives they've lived, their husbands are better than Ken, their homes are better than the Barbie dream mansion, etc. It was very touching.
Kelly, Andy, Sheila and I left soon after the dance started which I'm sure was disappointing more for Sara than for Annie, but personally I just wanted to be home. The people there were incredibly friendly and I'm sure we could have blended in well dancing the night away, but the amount of time we were there felt perfect.
Today is my date with Anita (coffee at Caribou) and then Andy (dinner and shopping for Jill's wedding gift). Do you ever get the bug to clean and organize? I have that today, so I think I'll go through at least one closet and try to throw things away (I already went through my mug cupboard and as minute as that seems it felt good to throw away old travel mugs and tea). Too bad I'm not a football fan, today would be the perfect curl-up-on-the-couch-and-watch-hours-of-football day.
Jilli
1 comment:
one--why urgent care in CO?
two--best pumpkin ever. so impressed.
three--i told you. go read stupid and contagious. fun book. =)
Post a Comment