Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Pressure

A few weeks ago the pressure in my tires was low. I mentioned this fact to Rob when I got home that evening and, rather than add air to the tires that night, he asked me to remind him in the morning. I thought the pressure might fix itself with an overnight stay in our heated garage, but soon learned otherwise. Of course, we both forgot the next morning, he left for work and when I started my car, the tire pressure was still low. I like to think that I'm an independent woman, but when I realized I was going to have to get dirty putting air in my tires, I was longing for Rob to do the dirty work for me. Unfortunately, he was already at the shop, so I had to do it myself. Thankfully, he talked me through the process of finding the tire pressure gauge, changing the end on the air hose, turning on the air compressor, etc. I pumped up my tires, washed my hands several times and was on my way to work. While I was slightly annoyed that I had to get dirty, I did realize that it could have been so much worse than it was: I could have been on the side of the road with a flat tire or I could have been adding air at a convenience store, freezing my butt off in the below zero temps. Navigating the process in the warmth of a 54 degree garage wasn't so bad.

I was going through Alix withdrawal this week, so I stopped by Andy and Malinda's after work last night. My car sat outside in below zero temps for a few hours while I spent time with them and, when I got in my car to go home, the low pressure light was on again. This time, I forgot to mention anything to Rob when I got home, so when the light was still lit this morning, I wasn't surprised. However, there was a big difference between today and the experience a few weeks ago: Rob was still home this morning. He came out to the garage and literally, within less than 5 minutes, he had checked the pressure and added air to all 4 tires. That same process took me at least 20 minutes, if not longer.

Today I'm grateful for a husband who isn't afraid to get dirty.

Love you babe,
Jill

No comments: