The best part of the experience was when the waitress rolled a window over to our table and said, "There. Now you have a table by the window." A staff with a sense of humor.
We decided to give up on our goal of spending the day at the beach and headed back to Sanibel. We went for a chilly walk down the beach to the Sanibel Lighthouse.
When we got back from our lighthouse walk, we learned that our flight from Fort Myers to Atlanta was cancelled! Normally I wouldn't be worried, but on Thursday morning I'm flying to California for a work trip. Thankfully there's another flight only 30 minutes earlier (we won't miss out on potential sun time!) that will take us through Chicago on the way home.
Once we rescheduled our flight and after watching a couple episodes of Law & Order, we went for a walk on our way to Pinocchio's for an ice cream treat.
While it wasn't a sunny day, it was a good day. I wore flip flops most of the day, walked the beach, ate at the Mucky Duck, had ice cream for dinner and watched plenty of shows on USA; none of which I could or would have done at home.
Jill






No comments:
Post a Comment