Thursday, February 26, 2015

So Long Sanibel

I'll write more about our last day on the beach later, but the most important thing you need to know is that it was a sunny, beautiful beach day! The only unfortunate thing is that Liz and I were irresponsible with our sunscreen application and both of us ended up quite sunburned. That made for an uncomfortable trip home.



                   

                                    

Our flight was delayed leaving Fort Myers so we split up and each of us sat in middle seats close to the front of the plane in the hopes that we could make it to our next flight on time. I lucked out with my seat neighbor, talked the whole way home and ended up with free wireless for our flight, a pair of ear buds and an external phone charger! He was a very generous man who travels a ton for work and had extras of everything. There was bad winter weather in Chicago so, even though we had plenty of time to get to our flight at Midway, we had to wait for our first captain to land. Once we got on the plane we had to wait again for de-icing. By the time we left, we were over an hour late. I had hoped to be in bed before 12:30am but it ended up being 1:35am by the time I turned out my lamp.

I slept surprisingly well during the 4.5 hours I had. It's before 9am and I'm back at the airport for a work trip to Orange County, California.

                                     

One of the best things about this crazy travel turnaround was the fact that my car was waiting for me at terminal 2! Rob left for Arizona in the morning, parked my car at the airport, I drove it home for the night and back to the airport this morning. If he doesn't buy a service truck, he will fly home tonight and my car will be waiting for him when he gets to MSP. If he buys a new truck he'll drive it home, returning to MN on Saturday. In that case my car will be waiting for me when I return on Saturday! Brilliant. Mostly just really good timing.

Bon voyage!
Jill

No comments: