Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 2 - Birthday & Mini Turtle

Today started off with an early morning birthday celebration of my friend, Maggie. She and 18 of her closest work friends gathered at 6:45am for the Tavern Special (2 eggs, toast, hash browns, and choice of meat for $4.95), a screaming deal! This was the perfect way to kick off Day 2 of summer vacation. I was able to catch up with friends I hadn't seen since leaving StO 2 1/2 months ago AND celebrate a birthday!

                                                         

After that, I stopped at the bank. Not so exciting, but a necessary task to complete. I would have poked around downtown Northfield, but it was only 8:45am and most stores didn't open until 10am. So I headed home, put on my running shoes and went for a nice, warm run. It had been a couple weeks since I'd taken the time to go for a run, so I figured today was as good a day as any to get back in the habit of my regular runs.

While on my run, I just about stepped on this little guy -- a quarter-sized turtle! 

                                                         

He was running across the street from one pond to the other. I've stopped to help turtles across this road in the past, but this little guy was moving pretty fast and was close to the other side, so I left him alone (after taking a couple pics). When I ran past the same spot a little while later, he was gone, no turtle guts on the road, so I'm assuming he made it to the other side. By the time I ran 5 miles, I was sweaty (not many trees on my country roads), but oh so happy to have finally gotten out there again.

                                                             

Over the course of the day, I managed to soak up some sun and finish my book, which I basically started yesterday. Looks like I'll go through a few books this summer. :) I also did some more filing and purging of paperwork and organizing of our second bedroom.

All in all, another relaxing, satisfying day.
Jill

No comments: