Friday, October 12, 2012

2 More Sleeps

Today's my 14th day away from home. So far I've completed 16 high school visits, 12 interviews, and 6 college fairs ... only 1 college fair to go. I admit, it's been a great trip ... I've fit in time to see friends, to work out every day and to enhance my wardrobe.

It's rare that I give Brian Watters advanced warning of my Colorado travels, and this time was no different. Between my high school visits in Boulder, I stopped by his hotel, chatted and did some work.


You won't be surprised that I stopped by Pinkberry yesterday afternoon. They have a new app... have you seen it? :) It's really only worth downloading if you have one in your neighborhood.... or if you're obsessed with their peanut butter frozen yogurt. Mmmmm peanut butter.....


For whatever reason, it has felt like an absolute treat to fit in time at Life Time Fitness during my work travels. I've officially gone to LTF more in Colorado this week than I did at home all last month. The atmosphere is so peaceful and calming, exactly what I've needed. Tonight I went to a hot yoga class, which, ironically, is the first time I've gone to an LTF yoga class. There's something deeply moving and calming about yoga and tonight was no different. I admit that I didn't love every moment of the class, but I did tear up a little at the end. The theme of the class was "happy." For example, instead of grumbling when someone cuts you off while driving, be happy, give them the space they need. Easier said than done, but certainly worth a shot.

I had another delicious dinner from Whole Foods tonight (and lunch earlier today!). The one across from my hotel has homemade gelato, so I had a sample of the chocolate pretzel tonight. According to the woman working, it was my lucky day -- they had a pint that had to be given away and it happened to be the chocolate pretzel! I shouldn't have taken it, especially because I'm only here 2 more nights, but I caved and accepted the gift. I'm gonna go through WF withdrawal when I get home!

See you soon!!
Jilli

No comments: