Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sheebs

DEN-MSP (Denver-Minneapolis)

Not sure I have anything noteworthy to mention about my travels today, other than the fact that I'm looking forward to being home for a week. I was reading through my last post of last year's travel season... saw the picture of Sheba and got a little teary. I love that picture of him. So white and furry... such a princess. I'm sad to admit that most days I don't think of him much, but there are still moments when he crosses my mind. Like when I'm packing and my suitcase is open on my bed - he used to climb in and make himself comfortable.

Or when I'm drying my hair in the morning - without fail, every day he'd come into the bathroom, rub up against my legs and eventually jump up on the tub. Or when I return from a trip and round the corner to go upstairs - he was usually sitting in his bed at the top of the stairs and I could just barely see the tips of his little ears. 


Or when I'm hanging out downstairs - he'd come down the stairs and poke his head through the railing.


I can sleep with the bedroom door open at night - he used to lay on my pillow, practically on top of my head, kneading my neck, making  mess of my hair, and purring so loudly Rob could hear it on the other end of a phone call.


Sometimes when I'd take a nap on the couch - he'd end up either on the pillow next to my head or curled up next to me, spooning.


I loved the times when I'd pull into my driveway and he'd be sitting in one of the windows, just waiting for me to get home. One day, the week Sheba died, I pulled into my driveway and out of habit looked up to the 2nd bedroom window. Instead of Sheba, Rob was smiling at me from the window. :) I love that guy.


Grateful for almost 9 years with the prettiest male cat you've ever seen,
Jill

No comments: