DFW-SLC (Dallas-Fort Worth-Salt Lake City)
SLC-DEN (Salt Lake City-Denver)
Guess what - I didn't sleep once on either one of the last 2 flights. It's becoming more rare for me NOT to sleep on flights. For some reason, the steady hum of the engine and the not-so-comfortable seats create an environment of comfort. I start the flight reading, my eyelids get heavy, I put the book down and my head back and I'm out, mouth open and all. It's hot, I'm sure. My Silver Medallion status paid off as I was upgraded on my flight from Salt Lake City to Denver... a pleasant surprise. Thankfully the man sitting next to me was not social so I was able to read throughout the entire flight.
I'm reading this book, In the Woods, that has my complete and undivided attention... I can't put it down. In fact, right now I'm waiting for a student in a Dazbog Coffee shop in Fort Collins and I kicked myself when I realized my book is in my car. If you like mysteries, I highly recommend this one. Do you ever get nervous that you're nearing the end of a book? If it's a good one, I definitely get a little anxious toward the end as I don't like to be without a good book. To prevent this from happening, I stopped by B&N yesterday and bought the next book by the same author. :)
My time in Fort Collins has been relatively productive... it's hard to believe this is my 14th year visiting high schools and attending college fairs! In addition to meeting 13 students at high school visits yesterday and today, I had time between appointments to do a little shopping (I know you're surprised). Yesterday I wandered around Charming Charlie (talk about an overwhelming accessory store!) and just before getting to Dazbog I stopped by DSW and bought a new pair of black flats (cross that off my list of "needs").
But the highlight of my trip has to be dinner with Brian W. In typical Jill travel fashion, I considered calling Brian as I was on my way to an early dinner. No advanced warning. Not because I didn't want to see him, but I didn't expect to have time to get together, especially considering I'm in Fort Collins rather than Denver. However, it was only 4pm and I realized Fort Collins isn't that far from Denver ... maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle. So I called him and was pleasantly surprised that he didn't have plans. Sometimes I think we do better with last minute than advanced planning. Two hours later, we met at Rock Bottom Brewery and caught up on our lives. He's one of my faves.
One more college fair tonight... home tomorrow,
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment