Happy New Year!
I'm wondering how it has been 2 1/2 years since I last posted, but here we are, it's January 2018. So much has changed since the last post. The most important and exciting change is the addition of a little girl to our family! Anika is already one year old and has filled our lives with so much joy and love, it's hard to imagine life before she arrived.
I'm hoping to use this space to post important and fun life moments this year. I love looking back over the years and I realize how happy it makes me to write about everyday occurrences. However, sometimes it makes me feel pressure and it becomes a chore. I don't want to resent this, so I'll work on making this light and easy going.
Resolutions:
Slow Down
It seems I'm always in a hurry, even if I'm early. For example, driving fast doesn't save that much time, so I want to be better about physically slowing down.
Enjoy the Daily Grind
This morning I got so frustrated when changing Anika's diaper -- she had no interest in laying there and we both ended up getting upset. Someday this phase will be gone and, even though it's frustrating at the time, I hope to try to find something positive in each of these moments.
Write More
Reading my previous blog posts, I realize how good it feels to document life moments.
Do Fun Things
I want Anika to have memories of doing fun things as a family and I don't think it's too early to start making those memories. From going on walks to taking a trip to the zoo, from having picnics to exploring nature -- big or small, let's do it.
Enjoy the Present / Stop Looking Back
I have a habit of looking back and wondering if decisions I've made have been the right ones. There's no point in regretting things -- find the positive and move forward.
Believe the Best in People
Don't Take Things Personally
These last two are things I can always work on.
I'm sure I could come up with many more resolutions, but that's a good start.
Cheers to 2018!
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment