Friday, July 03, 2015

Hog Heaven

Spending time with family and friends is important to me, so I'm hoping to get together with many people this summer. Earlier this week, I went for a walk and got coffee with Kelly, Robin stopped over on her way to the airport, Alix came over for half of Wednesday and yesterday I spent the day with Peter.

                       


Pete logs many miles on his Harley over the summer months. Since he's semi-retired and I'm on summer vacation, I requested a bike-ride-to-lunch date with him. He picked me up at 10am and off we went! We started with a quick stop at the bank in Northfield, then headed east on hwy 19 weaving our way through Vasa, Welch and Red Wing. At that point, we crossed and followed the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side. In Pepin, we stopped for lunch at a place with a great outdoor patio. From there, we headed 7 miles down the road where we stopped for an ice cream cone at Nelson Creamery. Yum. After that we travelled down hwy 60 making our way to Faribault and eventually home. I had a blast! The scenery was beautiful - lots of rolling farmland, old and beautiful barns, etc.

                        

I heart summer.
Jill

No comments: