With a somewhat limited amount of time before our wedding, the request to host a bridal shower came almost immediately after getting engaged. You know what this means. We get to register!!
I can't tell you how many times I've thought about buying new dishes, picking a new color for the bathroom, or investing in some decent pots and pans and stopped myself because "Someday I'll put that on a wedding registry." Well, friends, that someday is finally here.
Earlier this month, Rob and I headed up to Crate & Barrel to start the registration process. Little did we know we'd be there for over 3 hours! Honestly, if Rob knew we'd spend that much time, he may never have left the house. That said, we were both patient, made good decisions and had a good time. We started by making a big loop around the store to get a lay of the land. We were overwhelmed. Where to begin? At the Good Earth for a peanut butter and protein smoothie.
After our snack, we started by looking at the dishes, but quickly realized there were way too many to choose from and we weren't quite ready to make that big decision. So we moved on to the flatware. Surprisingly easy. Here's the very first thing we scanned into our registry:
After making a third pass through the store, we ended back at the dishes to take one more look at them before heading home. We had it narrowed down to two sets -- one that was very plain and simple, the other that had just a little bit more color. As we went back and forth between the two sets, Rob finally made the decision for us. He liked the one with more color better, the other one was too plain.
As we waited for the computer to load our items, I had a "moment" and realized that I was finally creating a wedding registry. I was just about to exclaim this fact, and then it hit me. I hadn't been waiting to register for so long. I was tearful when I hugged Rob and told him I'd been waiting for him for a long long time.
-----------------------------------------
The next Friday night, we attended a "sip and scan" event at Macy's. (I still can't believe Rob agreed to go, especially after spending 3.5 hours at Crate & Barrel less than a week before!!) They had music, mocktails, hors d'oeuvres and one sales person per couple. We tried the same tactic as the week before, but it didn't have the same positive result this time around. Finally, we made our way to the bathroom towels, picked some rugs and started throwing different color towels on the rugs to make sure they matched. Success. On to bedding. After a few laps around that department... more success! By this point, we were tired after making so many little decisions and hungry because it was almost 9pm, so we headed back to the area where they were handing out food. They had put it away. Ask Rob how I felt about that. Not happy.
We did what we could with our remaining time and low patience, checked out with our salesperson and headed to find dinner. Ciao Bella was on the way home, so we swung in there in the hopes that our favorite wait staff, Brittany, was working. No such luck. In fact, when we asked if she was working that night, our waitress said she no longer worked there. Sad day. She's working at a very nice restaurant in St. Paul. Not sure we'll follow her to another restaurant. If it wasn't considered stalking the first time we followed her, there's no question it would be creepy the second time around.
Happy,
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment