Sunday, November 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Today is the last day of the Thanksgiving break... tomorrow it's back to work. Surprisingly enough it feels like a long time since I was last at work, so I suppose that means it was a successful long weekend. That doesn't mean it'll be any easier to go into work tomorrow though. Although, after a long weekend of doing just about nothing, it'll be good to have some routine again.

Thanksgiving day was very enjoyable. Went out to the Farm for the day, ate just enough (until the cookies were brought out... then I overate), went for a walk, visited with fam, etc. The day itself was absolutely gorgeous! When I got home, I called Julie and Jason to wish them a happy turkey day and ended up watching Grey's Anatomy with them.

Friday I avoided shopping... actually I didn't avoid it so much as I just didn't leave my house until 4pm when I picked up Papa Murphy's pizza. There are some days when sitting at home would be annoying, but Friday wasn't one of those days. I finished my book- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss- such a great book! Took me a little while to get into it, but in the end I didn't want to put it down. I finally got off my butt and went for a run that afternoon. Again, the weather was so wonderful when I first got out there I felt like I could run forever. Of course, that only lasted about 2 miles... I kept going for 3.5 though. Should have gone again yesterday, but it just didn't happen. My motivation was lacking.

That evening the neighbors and I got together for pizza and games over at Julie and Jason's. I had a good time... but woke up in the middle of the night either from too much food or too many drinks (although I did not feel like I'd had too much to drink when I went to bed). Could have been my stomach rebeling against the fact that I overdosed on the caramel corn I'd made earlier in the day.

Saturday was another low key day- I cleaned and cleaned my house. Ended up pulling out my fridge and stove which made the cleaning feel a little deeper than normal. Sort of got sucked into tv- watched parts of Little House on the Prairie, Animal Planet (a story on elephants), the Perfect Murder, Love Actually and the Titanic. I shouldn't admit that I watched so much tv... makes me seem really lame, but I didn't mind not having plans. I was in some sort of a mood though... Love Actually affected me, made me super tearful... as did the Titanic. All these great love stories. I want to feel like the characters in those movies. So fully and completely that nothing else matters. What holds me back? That's the question of the day/year/decade.

I rented the first disk of Six Feet Under, but never watched it. Maybe this afternoon. According to Jenny, Dave, Mary and Brad I'll probably get hooked on the series and will want to join NetFlix again. Bad idea considering all the money I threw away to watch the Sex and the City series.

One thing I haven't done in a loong time is go to church. It's obviously been a long time- I thought church was at 9:30 and 11:00 at All Saints, so I got out of bed in plenty of time to make the 9:30 service. Even had time for my daily dose of coffee and a little egg and cheese omelette. I knew something was up when there were no other cars turning into the church at 9:22, the parking lot was already full and there were no people walking into the building. Hmm. Apparently it starts at 9:00, not 9:30. Either they changed it since I last went, or it's been so long I don't even remember the correct time. I'd been planning on sitting at Caribou after church, so I just flip-flopped the two and here we are.

I trying not to be, but I'm self-conscious about what I'm writing, which completely defeats the purpose of a blog or journal. I guess I'm not using this so much as a journal of my feelings as a way to keep track of my life. Maybe I need to have a separate blog where I dive deep into my feelings, which I've never been great at and is an area of my life I could certainly improve upon. Something to think about while I'm sitting in the 11:00 service at All Saints.

Searching for my spirit,
Jilli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jilli! So wonderful to hear what you're up to. Your posts make me want real coffee-- something I'm not having much of these days (do I want a hyper, fussy infant?)! Love you!