Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Coffee High

I think I must be on a coffee high because after 3 cups of coffee everything seems really great and my body can't move quite fast enough for my brain right now- how's that for profound?

It's been a relatively uneventful week and a half since I last wrote, which is probably why I haven't felt inspired to write anything. Travel season is great for the blog, I'm not sure how I'll maintain it now that travel season is over. Hmm.... Guess I'll have to seek out interesting activities.

I was recently reminded that the title of my blog implies that I enjoy running, but that in all 18 posts I've only written about running once. What a shame. Had something to do with the fact that I hadn't been running at all, an even greater shame. (here come the excuses...) Started with a busy two week period of time when I was in PA, then CO where I my siniusitus and busy schedule prevented me from doing any sort of physical activity. Followed by two weeks where I could have easily walked down to Tostrud for a lunch-time run, but had zero motivation to do so.

It's been a tough fall since two of my running-mates (Mary and Jess) have both left Olaf. Sort of forgot how necessary it is to have someone in the office who regularly works out, encouraging me to do the same. Luckily, I've found a new running pal in JennyP! She's speedy, which has been challenging, but good in that she pushes me to be faster. It definitely has not been easy to get back into the routine after 5 weeks of no exercise, eating poorly and being relatively lazy. Thanks to Jenny, we're back on track (ha ha!).

Something I love about this time of the year- burning candles. I love coming home, putting on comfy clothes and lighting candles. The cold temps and darkness make it incredibly difficult to leave home. I used to make fun of my mom for not wanting to leave her house after dark, and I hate to admit that I've become the same way. Maybe I should join Netflix again for the winter months. Wait a minute, last time I joined was to save money on movie rentals by watching the whole Sex and the City series. In the end, because I wanted to prolong the series, I found myself savoring each episode, watching only one episode at a time. Which in turn meant that I was a member of Netflix for over a year- spending more money on my membership than if I'd have bought the whole series of Sex and the City. Talk about a stupid financial decision.

Why do we turn our clocks back for daylight savings? Indiana has decided to buck the system and not turn their clocks back. Wouldn't that get a little confusing? Sometimes they're on Eastern Time, sometimes Central... if anything, they confuse travelers, forcing them to rely on their cell phones for the most accurate time.

This morning I woke up around 7:30, made my pot o' coffee and finished the book Stupid and Contagious (thanks Melisa!). I was so sad it had to come to an end! It's one of the funnier books I've read... I found myself laughing out loud at the crazy characters and story. So good. Great Christmas gift for one who loves to read.

Tonight I'm the phoning supervisor extraordinaire, which means that I don't have to be to work until noon-ish. Actually I won't go in today until after my run, rationalizing this by telling myself that I won't take the hour-long dinner break before the phoners show up for the night. Is that right? I dunno, but that's my plan.

Is it bad to use Caribou for their free wireless? I haven't bought anything yet, and since I'm about to meet Jenny for a run, I'm not going to consume any more caffeine. Should I buy a cookie? Or maybe a juice. Seems a little ridiculous to come to a coffee shop and buy juice. I think I'll sneak out without anything... we all know I've spent enough money at Caribou to take advantage of them at least once.

Ramble on,
Jilli

No comments: