In case you're wondering who Captain Cook was, check out the website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cook
I went to the Glacier Brewhouse for dinner tonight - had the blackened Halibut, which was delicious! Thank you, Mr. Bartender, for the recommendation. It's likely that I'll get the same thing for dinner either tomorrow or Tuesday night... that's how tasty it was. Watched the end of the last post season Twins game and chatted with a couple of Alaskans. One guy lives in Valdez and is an RN, the other is an accountant in Anchorage. Both of them were very friendly .... the conversations made me appreciate sitting at the restaurant bar by myself. I went into dinner thinking I'd be in and out of there in a short period of time, but I stuck around to watch the Twins game and ended up having 3 beers ... very unlike me! After completing my first beer, I debated between another beer and a bowl of ice cream. I ended up choosing the beer. Twice. What would you have done?
I was so sad to leave the Johnsons this morning! We had such a good time together - watched a total of 3 movies (The Informant!, Chicago and Ghost of Girlfriends Past), went out for lunch at the Chowder House yesterday and drank mochas while watching the sunrise from their sunroom this morning.
I just love those guys and think of them as my second family.
I better go to bed before the most ridiculously long college fair tomorrow.
Thank you Ted & Becca! Love you guys.
Jill
No comments:
Post a Comment