Thursday, October 09, 2008

4 states in 2 weeks

Going into this travel season, I thought it was going to be relatively quiet. Man, was I wrong. I did the math - over a 16 day period, I'm staying at home only 2 nights. Ugh. Wasn't supposed to be that way but we had a little SNAFU at work. I went to work Tuesday morning thinking it would be a normal day, but I was sorely mistaken. At 9:05am I bought a ticket to Bloomington, IL, was on the flight to Bloomington (by way of Atlanta!) at 12:15pm for a 7:30pm LCN. The fair was a bust and I was up at 4:30am yesterday to catch a flight back to Minneapolis (again, through Atlanta). Once I got home I unpacked, repacked, fed Sheba, cleaned the litter box and the toilets and hit the road headed for Willmar, MN, which is where I am now. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. This week follows a 12 day period that started in Seattle, WA for the NACAC conference followed by a trip to Denver, drive to Aspen and back to Denver where I spent over a week. I thought I'd have a few days at home before driving to western MN for the Morris and Willmar MEFs, but then came the Bloomington LCN.

What a trip the Morris MEF was this morning! It's been about 6 years since I've done the MEFs, but it felt as if no time had passed. I was surprised to see many familiar faces! Jodi from Mayo and I carpooled to Morris this morning and after the fair spent a couple hours at Lulu Bean's Coffee Shop in Willmar. After that I was exhausted and slept for almost 2 hours! More of it tomorrow.

Thank goodness I have nothing planned for the weekend!
Ready to be home,
Jilli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.